Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday, Laurie!

Some women would not want their age broadcast for all to see. But, when you can make 30 look so good, you may as well embrace it.

Happy Birthday, Laurie! Here's some trivia from your birth year of 1979:

Best Picture Oscar: Kramer vs Kramer
#1 Box Office Movie: Superman
Top Songs: YMCA (Village People), Heart of Glass (Blondie), My Sharona (The Knack), Ring My Bell (Anita Ward--good luck getting that out of your head), Devil Went Down to Georgia (Charlie Daniels Band)
Top Albums: Billy Joel (52nd Street), BeeGees (Spirits Having Flown), Doobie Brothers (Minute by Minute), Cars (Cars), Supertramp (Breakfast in America).
TV: C-SPAN was launched. ESPN begins showing sports 24/7. The Dukes of Hazzard, Facts of Life, Benson, and This Old House all premiered. Top-rated shows were 60 Minutes, Three's Company, That's Incredible!, M*A*S*H*, and Alice.
College Hoops: Magic Johnson's Michigan State team defeated Larry Bird's Indiana State Sycamores in the first chapter of a decade+ rivalry that carried over into the NBA.
Super Bowl: Pittsburgh Steelers 35, Dallas Cowboys 31

Also, Laurie shares a birthday with JOHNNY CASH! Anyone who knows me must understand how cool I think this is! Other famous Feb 26ers are Erykah Badu, Farrah Fawcett, Jackie Gleason, Marshall Faulk, Victory Hugo, Buffalo Bill Cody, Fats Domino, and Michael Bolton.

Happy Birthday, Laurie!

5 Comments:

At 9:11 AM , Blogger Josh said...

Whoa! Michael Bolton? Man Laurie must be a huge fan! I mean sharing a birthday with Michael Bolton and all. I'll be honest with you, I love his music, I do, I'm a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman".


Happy Birthday Laurie!

 
At 9:28 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

Love ya Laurie. Glad you are in my "30" club now too! Happy Birthday!

 
At 9:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy B-day sweet girl. We love you,

Mom and Dad

 
At 1:43 PM , Blogger the Powells said...

The Michael Bolton part comes awfully close to negating the Johnny Cash part :P

hope it's a good one,

 
At 4:16 PM , Blogger Angie said...

Yeah, I could have done without the Michael Bolton reference as well, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LAURIE!! You definitely still look like you're in your early to mid twenties!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home