Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Puzzled and Puzzed

What is it like to be Simon these days? I tried to think of one activity that might capture it. This is the best I could do.

















We have worked puzzles until our puzzlers are sore (apologies to Dr. Suess's Grinch) during these weeks together over the break. He is also really into Mickey Mouse, "TiggerPooh," his toy microwave, the real microwave, "letters" (toy letter machine), "peeeeeedurrr" (his toy computer), watching Corrie Powell on the Powell blog, turning on/off any electronic device, pizza, grape juice, the Government Access Channel (likes the scenes of Bowling Green and the opera music...I know...), football, basketball, drawing/erasing crosses on his doodle board/chalkboard/marker board, books (especially Christmas ones).

He is also 100% paci-free now with practically no resistance.

And, since he is two years old now, his new favorite phrase is "I DO IT!" Have trash to be thrown away? "I DO IT!" Need to make some burritos? "I DO IT!" Calculus homework? "I DO IT?" Change your oil? "I DO IT!"

It's really great. Even I was suprised he could work that hydrolic jack in the garage and replace an oil filter.

3 Comments:

At 1:52 PM , Blogger the Powells said...

LOL yeah, the doitmyself stage is great.
we'll have to get corrie on video saying hi to him soon.. toddler shout-out.

 
At 2:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

powell family--
i have to reiterate cort's description of simon's activities, esp. watching "corlie" on the computer. we have watched her change her baby's diaper and her hold her baby sister so many times we know it by heart! :) good times.

 
At 3:13 PM , Blogger Josh said...

That's awesome, just have Simon be careful though... I hear there are trace elements of kryptonite in light bulbs....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home