Thursday, March 08, 2007

Weight Update

Simon went today for another weight check. As the nurse was sliding the scale over, I noticed Cortney giving me the "big eye." Our little man has gained 1 pound, 12 ounces since last Wednesday! We thought that sounded a little fast, but the doctor reassured us that he is doing well. He just needed those calories, and was able to start catching up pretty quickly.

We are going again next Thursday for another weight check. In the meantime, we are going to reduce his supplements to every other feeding, and see how that goes. If he continues to gain weight, that's wonderful. If he loses weight, we'll have to do something else. We'll just have to see.

In other news, Simon and I decided to celebrate his weight gain by going on our first trip to Target together! It's so funny, because in the past I always chuckled at all the young mothers with their little ones in carseats filing into Target to do their shopping. They were everywhere! And now I have become one.

Playtime fun.

















Simon and I in a baby aisle at Target. He was overcome with excitement.

6 Comments:

At 6:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for the weight gain! Keep it up little man! I was just waiting for Simon's first Target trip--I hope it was everything you hoped it would be! He better get real used to that store!

 
At 8:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see Simon is decked out in his beaver outfit for playtime. Cute! Cute! Cute!

And I also see he LOVES shopping. Typical man-child. He'll love the toy/book aisle soon.

 
At 2:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Simon would get in a fight with something at Target.

 
At 6:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yippeee!!! for Simon on the weight.
cant wait to see ya. hope to see ya at mamaw p's on sunday.

 
At 6:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah! We had our fingers crossed! See mama! You are wonderful!

 
At 7:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

for some reason I haven't been able to get to the blogspot but I have now and I got caught up on news and pictures, but I get all the news from YaYa and pictures. Simon is growing so fast he will be half grown by the time I see him again. I know YaYa is excited about her first day of babysitting.Well you all take care and give Simon a kiss from aunt Penny.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home