Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Baby Swing

Okay, so with me being at home so much and Cortney working, I asked Cort to teach me the basics to "blogging." This is my first go at it, so hopefully all will go well.

During the last week or so, Simon had some visitors -- Nana B and Grandaddy, Uncle David and Kelly, and YaYa. He also experienced his first Valentine's Day and had his first ride in the Snugli carrier. He continues to be playful in the mornings -- we've gotten a smile or two from him during those times. He's also started talking to us. It is so fun to hear him cooing, whether it be during playtime or in the middle of the night!

The most remarkable thing that's happened this past week is that we have discovered the beauty of a baby swing, thanks to our friends Brice, Julie, and Grace Boyer. They have graciously let us borrow their swing to see if Simon would even like it. And like it he does! No matter how fussy he is, once he's in the swing, he is as happy as he can be. Thank you, Boyer family!

Uncle David and Kelly entertaining Simon.















Simon half-smiling during his morning playtime.















Simon in his borrowed swing. I know this one is blurry, but I think it still captures how much fun he's having!















Simon all dressed up and ready for church.















Cortney and Simon in the rocking chair. Cort recently learned the art of rocking Vance-style.

6 Comments:

At 10:13 PM , Blogger the Powells said...

yea laurie...! good job bloggin'!
maybe we can find some germ-free place and hang out sometime. a birthday bonanza??? anywho, just saying hello...

 
At 7:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laurie, I'm so proud of you--your first blog entry is wonderful!:) I really enjoyed your visit yesterday--you are always welcome to come by! I love the swing photo--I see what you mean about his new addiction! Too cute!

 
At 8:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippee! Mommy has learned to blog! What a great job Laurie. The pictures are all great (how could they not be - look at the subject!) and I'm so glad to see that Cortney finally got the hang of that "leg thing." Now Simon will get the full effect of the proper rocking technique.

 
At 10:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Laurie! What can I say, Simon has the most precious little face! I want to kiss it right now!

 
At 10:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still think that rocking technique is crazy.

Good post, Laurie!

 
At 11:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Laurie! I think I might have gone crazy without the baby swing. Glad Simon likes it so much!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home