Wednesday, March 28, 2007

First Day

Yesterday was the first day of our new routine. Cortney and I dropped Simon off at Sarah Dahmer's house for his first day at the babysitter's. I had thought I could do this without becoming crazy-emotional, but I was wrong. I shed a few tears on Monday night in anticipation of the next morning, and then I cried again on Tuesday morning when we left him. I can tell it was much harder on Cortney and me since Simon was happy as a lark when we left him with Sarah. :)

Mom and Simon before they left for their first day.














Sarah, and her husband Ben, were kind enough to send the nervous parents pictures of their little one as he played the day away.














Later that night, Simon practiced sitting up on the couch. He kept hoping our tv was "hi-def." (inside Vance-family joke)

6 Comments:

At 7:25 AM , Blogger Travis said...

$10 says he's either watching:
A) Seinfeld reruns
B) SNL reruns
C) Basketball

 
At 9:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, it hurts me to see Simon go into remote control-man training at such an early age! But the Mommy/Simon picture is precious!! Such a little man.

 
At 10:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YaYa's cryin' again just reading about Mom and Dad's separation anxiety. I say Simon is watching the TV guide channel with no sound of course!

 
At 11:52 AM , Blogger Cort said...

Just to put any fears to rest, Simon was not really watching TV. This was a clever (?) set up by mom and dad.

Now, we HAVE caught him surfing the internet, so that's a concern.

 
At 9:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im glad you guys made it through your first day. You are tougher than I am.
We have 5 weeks and 5 days left before the c section. not long !!!!
We hope to see you guys soon.
I miss you all.
Love ya from Hudsonville

 
At 10:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is waiting for the "BIG" announcemnet............ Billy Donovan will be the next head coach of the UK Wildcats basketball team. Hi to YaYa and Uncle Dooney. Good ole Simon, yeah.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home