Monday, April 30, 2007

The Marathon Trip

We had a big weekend! Cortney ran the Derby Marathon in Louisville on Saturday. Simon and I met YaYa and Papa in Elizabethtown so we could all ride up to see Cort finish. He ran the race in 3.06.42, which qualified him to run the Boston Marathon next year. For more on his race, check out his Running Blog.

After lunching in Etown, our crew headed to Glasgow for our first overnight visit (anywhere!) since Simon was born. It went really well! Another big thing on Saturday was Simon's first experience with rice cereal. Although skeptical in the beginning, he caught on rather quickly.

Here are some pics from our weekend travels.

Simon, as he waited for Dad to cross the finish line.














Cort as he approached the finish line.














Simon didn't know what to think of that first bite!














As it turns out, we think Simon's going to be a cereal lover like his Dad.














Simon got to meet his Great Aunt Sue and Great Uncle Bubby.

6 Comments:

At 8:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore all the posts!

 
At 8:48 PM , Blogger Shepherd Fam said...

Somebody's getting some cheeks!

 
At 11:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though he looks a little bored, I think Simon enjoyed the race on Saturday. He was such a good boy.

 
At 8:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be bored too if all I could see of the race was legs and bottoms. But I think that look is more of a "when is my Yaya gonna get me out of this crazy stroller" look. I'm sure you were happy to oblige!!

 
At 9:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

he does have quite an expression in that first picture.

i shall teach him some more when I have nursery duty again.

-adriane

 
At 7:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the picture you sent - as well as the ones on the blog, plus story lines. Too much ceral to roll over!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home