Monday, April 21, 2008

Marathon Update (Updated)

As most people know, Cort is in Boston to compete in the Boston Marathon. The race was this morning, starting at 9 am Central Time. Just so everyone knows, he finished in 03.06.04 -- a personal record. I talked to him earlier, and he was in one piece (for the most part!). :) Thanks for everyone's prayers for him during this exciting time.

I'm sure he will do a more in-depth post here or on his running blog, but I wanted to update everyone in case they were wondering how he did.

EDIT: You can read my "Top Ten" about the marathon on my running blog.

8 Comments:

At 12:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is wonderful! Audrey sent me the webpage so I could keep up with his progress. Of course, I kept hearing "Please come to Boston" in my mind. Wonder if he did too? :0)

Leslie

 
At 1:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is now "More than a feeling"--Cort rules Boston! He also rules BG now too! We should give him a key to the city or something. This is so amazing! We are so proud of you!
Ron

 
At 2:34 PM , Blogger kelly said...

Go Cortney!! I hope the knee held up. Great job!

 
At 9:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

go cort, great job!!

 
At 4:33 AM , Blogger Jeff said...

Great job! That is very impressive!

Congrats!

 
At 9:57 AM , Blogger nanab said...

Awesome Cortney! We're so proud of you!

 
At 11:09 AM , Blogger a said...

Terrific job! To set a personal record -- and in Boston of all places! That is so wonderful!

Congratulations!
Amanda

 
At 6:29 AM , Blogger Cort said...

Thanks, all. I'll chronicle the whole thing at some point soon.

The knee did hold up well. It seems to not care if I run or do nothing. The irritation level is about the same. And, it's nearly gone completely.

Thanks again for your support!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home